That's So Fetch

Halloween is basically a crafter's favorite day of the year because you get to dream up crazy costumes and DIY to your heart's content. Last year I was Sharknado 3, Cruella , and a DIYnosaur and swore I would have a max of 2 costumes for Halloween 2016. It should suprise absolutely no one that I ended up making 4+ costumes this year! I'm kicking off my costume posts with one I made for my brother-in-paw, Maunakea! This particular costume commemorates everyone's favorite mouse from Mean Girls, Karen. World, meet MaunaKaren.


I made mouse ears out of felt, stuffed them with stuffing, and sewed them to plastic hair combs. Combs proved to be the easiest way to attach things to Maunakea's head. I then used felt to make the "I'm a mouse, duh" sign and sewed it to a strand of faux pearls so Maunakea could wear it. Maunakea was such a good sport! Being this cute must be exhausting.


Edit: Exciting news! Maunakea's Maunakaren costume was named an Honorable Mention in Brit+Co's 2016 Halloween Costume Contest! Now that, is fetch :P

♥ Justine

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Currently..

Dreaming up some fun projects!

Currently Listening To

Moana

Welcome

Hello! I made this blog to keep track of my projects and adventures. Happy exploring. ♥ Justine