Perler Bead Photo Prop Sunnies

With 3 months until my sister's bridal shower, I've started thinking of fun games, pretty decor, and cute dessert ideas for this special occasion. While I'm keeping the theme a secret (for now) today I'm showing you how to DIY easy photo booth sunglasses props with perler beads! Perler beads are awesome because they're affordable, come in a ton of colors, and can be used to make pretty much anything.


Materials
  • perler beads
  • perler bead plates
  • sunglasses
  • iron
  • wax paper
  • hot glue gun


Perler Bead Instructions
  1. Make a design out of perler beads
  2. Cover perler bead design with wax paper
  3. Iron perler beads
  4. Repeat with ironing the back of the design

I went with "I Do" conversation hearts, pandas, and watermelons.


After you're done ironing your perler beads creations, it's time to hot glue them to some sunglasses! Lay your perler beads onto the frames of your sunglasses and use a silver Sharpie to mark where to put glue. This will make the gluing process much easier! Add glue and quickly place and press down your perler beads.


This is what the inside of the glasses looks like. I wanted people to be able to see while wearing these sunglasses so I refrained from completely ironing the Perler beads. Basically, there are still holes in the beads so that vision (although limited) is possible. Feel free to iron them completely!


Now all that's left to do is wear them!


This fun project was also a great way to use some of the many free promotion sunglasses I had lying around my house! I'm also never one to shy away from an opportunity to wear my pastel pink panda hat.

♥ Justine

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Currently..

Dreaming up some fun projects!

Currently Listening To

Moana

Welcome

Hello! I made this blog to keep track of my projects and adventures. Happy exploring. ♥ Justine