Despicable Dog and Me Costumes

After turning Maunakea into a mouse , I was totally convinced that every Halloween costume could and should be made 10x cuter with a dog!! Here's my take on one of the greatest moments from the movie Despicable Me, featuring Agnes Gru and her fluffy unicorn.


Unicorn: Maunakea is the definition of fluffy so I only had to make unicorn accessories: horn, mane, and tail. I made a horn out of felt and gold elastic and sewed it to a plastic hair comb, fringed and sewed together pastel-colored felt for the mane, and braided pastel-colored t-shirt scraps for the tail.


Agnes: I used clothes I already owned for Agnes' look: yellow t-shirt, short-alls, and Converse. Agnes' signature high ponytail was the most challenging part of this costume. I put my hair in a high pony using two hair ties and a red scrunchy, teased the ends of my hair, inserted a chopstick, secured the chopstick with 2 small rubberbands, and then hair-sprayed my ponytail to ensure it stayed upright.


♥ Justine

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Currently..

Dreaming up some fun projects!

Currently Listening To

Moana

Welcome

Hello! I made this blog to keep track of my projects and adventures. Happy exploring. ♥ Justine