Woodburned Dinosaurs

My first attempt at woodburning! I've been wanting to get my hands on a woodburner for months and it finally happened. I bought a 10 pack of wooden dinosaurs at my local Dollar Store thinking that it would be the perfect, low-stress way to begin experimenting with woodburning techniques. I used a Creative Versa-Tool which came with 7 different points and 3 stamping points. I experimented with the universal, tapered, flow, and shading points for these dinosaurs.


Wood dinosaurs before:


Wood dinosaurs after:


I was pleasantly surprised to find how simple and relaxing it is to burn wood. The shading point (the one that looks like a leaf) was my favorite because it resulted in subtle burn marks! Although I liked the way my lines turned out I want to work on tightening them up to make them more precise. I also want to burn darker marks! Nonetheless I'm excited to try out the rest of the points and use the tool on other materials. You'd be amazed at how many people partake in mind-blowing pyrography! The possibilities are endless!

♥ Justine

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Currently..

Dreaming up some fun projects!

Currently Listening To

Moana

Welcome

Hello! I made this blog to keep track of my projects and adventures. Happy exploring. ♥ Justine