DIY Woodburned Phone Case

Phone cases are necessary for two reasons: to protect your phone from shattering and to express your quirky interests. I've had 5 different phone cases for my phone over the past 2.5 years, including a wooden flip case (RIP) and one adorned with gold skulls. And while I absolutely love my current phone case, an over-sized silicone pineapple, it's not always practical for carrying around. So when I found a wood-grained phone case on sale at Michaels for $2 I knew had to get it (for both phone case obsession and DIY purposes).


I decided to use my woodburner for an easy way to add some personality to the phone case. While the phone case I used isn't made of real wood (it's similar in material to cork) you can follow the same steps for a case made of legit wood.

Materials
  • wooden phone case
  • paper to cut a design out of
  • woodburning tool


I wanted to use my woodburning letter stamps, but I scrapped that plan when the "J" stamp broke! :( The stamp part snapped off while the part you screw into the woodburning tool remained in the tool. So I went with my go-to pattern, a geometric bear. Check out another project I made using this design here!


Instructions
  1. Draw a pattern on paper, cut it out, and tape it to the phone case.
  2. Heat up the woodburning tool (I used the 2nd heat level since my phone case material was cork-like)
  3. Trace the pattern with the woodburning tool.
  4. Remove your pattern and use the tool to add any additional embellishments.


It was super easy to burn my pattern into the phone case since the material was on the softer side. I did leave some space at the bottom of the phone case in hopes of replacing the stamps with ones that could survive being used for their intended purpose.. Nevertheless, I love this case!

♥Justine

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Currently..

Dreaming up some fun projects!

Currently Listening To

Moana

Welcome

Hello! I made this blog to keep track of my projects and adventures. Happy exploring. ♥ Justine