Beaded Birthday Card

In addition to a million other things, my is an avid jewelry-maker, gardener, and crafter. So for her birthday, I had to make my mom a card that is as crafty and sparkly as she is. I knew she would also appreciate a jewelry-related pun!


Materials
  • Maroon cardstock paper
  • Black cardstock paper
  • Gold glitter cardstock paper
  • Small pearl beads or seed beads
Tools
  • Scissors
  • Pencil
  • Tacky glue
  • Glue stick


I started by drawing and cutting out cursive versions of "have a birthday" out of black cardstock paper. I used glue stick to adhere the cut-outs onto gold glitter cardstock paper and Tacky glue to glue the glitter cardstock letters to maroon cardstock paper.


Beaded letters add a unexpected touch of subtle glamour, in a way that's completely different from the glitzy gold glitter letters. And it's super easy to do! To make beaded letters, first write your letters in pencil. Next apply Tacky glue over the letters, one at a time. After each letter you trace with glue, apply beads one by one until all of the glue is covered and the letter is complete. Repeat until finished and wait for it to dry.


A simple yet unexpected card for an extraordinary mother and person. Thanks for passing on your creative genes, mom!


♥ Justine

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Currently..

Dreaming up some fun projects!

Currently Listening To

Moana

Welcome

Hello! I made this blog to keep track of my projects and adventures. Happy exploring. ♥ Justine