A Beary Merry Christmas

Last year I made myself what I thought would be the only Christmas sweater I would ever need. But after a whole month of stress-free crafting (the result of post-DIY Halloween costumes burnout) I found myself dreaming up new sweater ideas. The result is my Beary Christmas Sweater 2.0.


Like any child of the 90s, I was obsessed with Beanie Babies. And Beanie Buddies. And Teeny Beanies. I knew Beanie Babies would be too heavy to add to a sweater so I searched through my mom, sister, and my Beanie collection and rounded up all the Teeny Beanie bears I could find.


I assembled the Teeny Beanies into a tree shape onto my sweater and sewed them on. I also added 2 small holiday-themed stuffed animals. For the base of the tree I decorated and used small stuffed dog keychains. I decked each dog out in Christmas decorations including pipecleaner Santa hats, candy canes and ear muffs, mini presents, bell collars, glitter foam trees, and snowflake confetti.


To finish the look I made a holiday stuffed animal headband! Yes, my antlers have antlers!


In case you're curious, here's my original Beary Christmas sweater! So really it should come as no surprise that I chose to make a Christmas sweater to show my unwavering love for bears/some of my favorite childhood toys.

As heavy as this sweater may be, I love it. It's also perfect for blending into a pile of holiday Beanie Babies and Beanie Buddies :)


♥ Justine

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Currently..

Dreaming up some fun projects!

Currently Listening To

Moana

Welcome

Hello! I made this blog to keep track of my projects and adventures. Happy exploring. ♥ Justine