DIY Mini Keepsake Bottles

Big holiday cheer comes in small packages this holiday season with DIY mini keepsake bottles! These simple and whimsical treasures will surely brighten up those cold winter days,so pop those mini bottles and lets get started!


What You'll Need:


I purchased 2 packs of 3 bottles each from Michaels (retail $2.50 on sale). These bottles came with headpins and jump rings already attached to the corks, which made it easy to attach charms.


When it comes to choosing what to fill your bottles with, get creative! You can use anything, as long as they fit easily into the bottle. We used leftover materials from previous projects: small pearls, seed beads, chain, small gears, and tiny seashells.


I used the charms from an old charm bracelet to attach to my bottles, but you can easily buy small charms from your local craft store or online.


Start by uncorking your bottles. Select the items you want to put in your bottles and fill your bottles up! You can add as many or as few items as you wish.


Use your jewelry pliers and a jump ring to add a charm to your cork. Place the cork back onto the bottle and press down firmly to seal the bottle.


Optional: slip a chain or ribbon through the jump ring on the cork to turn your mini bottle into a necklace or gift wrap charm! If using chain, attach a 6 mm jump ring to one end of the chain and a 6 mm jump ring and clasp to the other end.


* I have a ton of respect for photographers because taking and editing photos is hard work. I came to the realization that although I love shadows in my photography (they make pictures more interesting and moody!) they may not be the best for tutorials. Here are a more photos that I love that didn't make the tutorial.


To paraphrase Christina: this project is genius, in a bottle. (Come, come, come and let it out.)


I gave one of the pearl-filled bottles to my sister along with a bridal-themed necklace I made for her (pictures to come). These bottles would make cute additions for bridal party or wedding favors!

♥ Justine

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Currently..

Dreaming up some fun projects!

Currently Listening To

Moana

Welcome

Hello! I made this blog to keep track of my projects and adventures. Happy exploring. ♥ Justine