Graduation Cap Box

It's that time of year already! Graduation. I can't believe it's been two years since I graduated college :O I'm still in my piñata phase so I had to find some way of making my friend's grad gift pinata-esque. The result is this faux-pinata graduation cap box, tassel included!


Materials
  • cardboard
  • scissors
  • masking tape
  • black crepe paper
  • mod podge
  • one gold brad
  • yellow embroidery thread

Here's how I made the bottom part of the box! To make this box look like a pinata I only used black crepe paper to cover the box, including 6 layers of hand-cut fringe to go around the sides of the box.
I tried to compile all the steps in a photo grid but it's pretty confusing. Start from the top left corner and go down and around, counter-clockwise.
A close up of the lid of the box! It looks a little like seaweed because I used a glossy mod podge, but I'm definitely ok with it.


Congratulations to everyone graduating this year!

♥ Justine

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Currently..

Dreaming up some fun projects!

Currently Listening To

Moana

Welcome

Hello! I made this blog to keep track of my projects and adventures. Happy exploring. ♥ Justine