Here Comes The Bridal Tote Bag

While my sister is busy planning her wedding, I've been busy dreaming up ideas of wedding-related things to make. One of my projects is this DIY stenciled tote bag using freezer paper stencils!


Materials
  • plain white tote bag
  • freezer paper
  • pencil
  • scissors or X-acto knife
  • iron
  • gold fabric paint
  • brush


Start by using a pencil to sketch your desired design onto a piece of freezer paper. Draw on the paper side, as the waxy/shiny side is the side that will be sticking to your fabric.


Cut out your stencils with scissors or an X-acto knife. Take your time!


After cutting out your stencils, use an iron to iron the freezer paper stencils onto the tote bag. I used a low setting and kept running the iron over the stencils to make sure the stencil stuck to the bag.


Now comes the fun part: use a brush to apply fabric paint to your stencil! Make sure you stay on your stencil and don't accidentally get paint where you don't want it (I did this..)


Done painting! Let the paint dry overnight.


Once the paint is dried, carefully peel off the freezer paper stencils to reveal your design!


I used E-6000 to glue a rhinestone for the top of the "i" I think it adds a cute bridal touch.


I also wanted to do a monogrammed initial bag.


*NOTE* Make sure you iron down your stencils completely! Some parts of my stencils weren't secured down enough which resulted in some messy edges where the fabric paint seeped under the stencil. For another freezer paper stencil project, check out my Shrimp Shirt post!


♥Justine

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Currently..

Dreaming up some fun projects!

Currently Listening To

Moana

Welcome

Hello! I made this blog to keep track of my projects and adventures. Happy exploring. ♥ Justine