Tassel Dazzle

After a month of stalling, I finally made beaded tassel earrings! I love how they turned out, but it definitely took longer than I anticipated. But not to worry, I've learned a lot from the process/how to improve my tassels and I'm psyched to make more. I must admit the most fun part about this project was making them dance in a 5 second video (it's on my Instagram if you're curious!) :P


NOTE: This post isn't an actual tutorial but I've included pictures of the steps I took to create these tassels. Maybe I'll do a more in depth post in the future though!

Here's an unfinished tassel next to a finished tassel. I made 10 individual seed bead strands for each tassel.


Next I tied the 10 seed bead strands together around the head of the headpin to form a tassel.


Then I strung the bead cap onto the headpin. I trimmed the head pin wire so I could form a loop to connect the tassel to the top bead charm.


I used Tacky glue to secure the knots on each strand.


Next came trimming off the ends of the seed bead strands.


Glued my earring blanks to the backs of the bead charm with E-6000 and let them dry.


Tassel earrings complete! In the future I don't think I'll tie end knots for each strand since I'm not too crazy about the look of the knots themselves.


♥Justine

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Currently..

Dreaming up some fun projects!

Currently Listening To

Moana

Welcome

Hello! I made this blog to keep track of my projects and adventures. Happy exploring. ♥ Justine