Dainty Dinosaur Crown

After having a Jurassic Park marathon in preparation for Jurassic World, I knew I had to do something dinosaur related. Two years ago I bought a bag of dinosaur figures at the Dollar Store and went on a dinosaur project frenzy. I made a variety of dinosaur projects but I still had 12 more, which was perfect for my next project..


Materials
  • Dinosaur figurines
  • Krylon silver leafing pen (or spray paint)
  • Thin metal headband
  • E-6000 glue


I used a headband that I don't wear anymore but you can get metal headbands for cheap at a lot of stores. Basically I ripped off the leaf adornments and was left with the plain metal headband.


Then I used my silver leafing pen to "color" my dinosaurs. I love leafing pens because they give you a lot more control over where you are painting. I also didn't have silver spray paint! Feel free to leave the dinosaurs their natural colors or use neon paint!


After my dinosaurs dried I added another coat of silver to cover any missing spots. I let them dry overnight before using E-6000 glue to affix the dinosaurs to the headband.


I taped my dinosaurs to the headband to figure out the placement I wanted before I began to glue them to the headband. Then I used a silver Sharpie to mark where to put the glue on my headband. Make sure to follow the directions on the back of the E6000 package!


Who wouldn't want a dinosaur crown?


♥ Justine

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Currently..

Dreaming up some fun projects!

Currently Listening To

Moana

Welcome

Hello! I made this blog to keep track of my projects and adventures. Happy exploring. ♥ Justine