Angry Birds Part One

After my kids decided they wanted to have an Angry Birds themed game for our Halloween carnival I knew I had to dream up a way for them to participate in the game design. And that's how these Angry Birds beanbags were hatched. (Halloween was 7 months ago but I finally got around to making this blog post now! Procrastination got the best of me this time.)

Materials
  • Images of Angry Birds
  • Red, white, blue, black, green, and yellow felt
  • Thread in matching colors
  • Scissors
  • Hot glue gun
  • Beans to stuff the birds

Here are the sample flat birds I made.


I pre-cut the oval and circle shapes for the bird bodies for my kids and sewed them 3/4 of the way together, making sure to leave an opening for stuffing. (NOTE: I prefer to sew by hand because it gives the felt a more puffy appearance as opposed to a flattened look when you sew by machine). I had the kids cut out their own bird faces and then I hot-glued the faces onto the birds for them.

Here are the stuffed birds!


After the birds were glued I let the kids fill their birds with beans, using a funnel. I used a variety of beans from a soup mix but you can also use rice.

EDIT: All 4 of my Angry Bird beanbags went missing at work :( I made a few more but ran out of beans so they're more like Angry Birds stuffed animals.

♥ Justine

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Currently..

Dreaming up some fun projects!

Currently Listening To

Moana

Welcome

Hello! I made this blog to keep track of my projects and adventures. Happy exploring. ♥ Justine