St. Patrick's Day Puzzles

I needed to come up with a quick and easy St. Patrick's Day activity that 24 first and second graders would enjoy: St. Patrick's Day popsicle stick puzzles! My kids were excited to do this project but reluctant to un-tape their sticks to create puzzles which was fine because they ended up making awesome banners. I liked seeing how creative they all were while creating their deisgns.



Materials
  • popsicle sticks
  • masking tape
  • markers or paint
  • Sharpie for outlines (optional)

Choose and line up your popsicle sticks! I chose 8 big sticks.


Place a strip of masking tape onto your sticks. Make sure to use a pretty sticky tape.


Create an easy stencil out of paper and cut it out.


Trace your design onto popsicle sticks. The side with the tape on it should be facing down. You can also freehand designs if you wish.


Freehand leprechaun hat!


My completed shamrock. One of my kids added a smiley face, which makes it a million times better :)


My shamrock and leprechaun hat samples.


You can also write a message on the back! Just tape the front side after you outline your basic front shape design and decorate the back.


The shamrock puzzle all mixed up!

♥ Justine

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Currently..

Dreaming up some fun projects!

Currently Listening To

Moana

Welcome

Hello! I made this blog to keep track of my projects and adventures. Happy exploring. ♥ Justine